January 12, 2019.
With Valentine’s Day in just over a month I thought it would be a good idea to share a valentine playdough activity. A quick simple playdough recipe to use in the classroom or even make it at home. In the recipe I’ve used the no cook method which is super easy. I find when I add fresh or dry ingredients it sometimes works better, keeping the scent or colour of the added petals.
So here is what you need to start:
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 3/4 cup of hot water
- 1/4 cup of rose water
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 2 tsp of creme of tartar
- Large spatular
- Fresh or dried rose petals
- Put the dry ingredients into a bowl
- Gradually mix together then add the oil
- Pour the water slowly into the mixture and mix
- Once the water has cooled use your hands to knead the play dough together
- Quick easy to make together as safe to mix – just be extra careful when adding the hot water, especially if you’re doing this with children
- You can use warm or cold water if you prefer, it may just take longer to mix
If you love this post don’t forget to pin it!